record players 10 ways: show off your epic collection
when my husband turned 30, my gift to him was a record player and a bunch of records i had collected over the course of a long US tour. it was one of those things he'd been wanting for awhile, but it was admittedly also one of those gifts that i was really excited to benefit from myself. even though we have all the music we could ever want in our pockets at all times now, i still think there is something so cool about coming home, pouring a glass of wine, and putting on a great record. i really miss album art too, and there's something about having those 12x12 sleeves on a shelf or ready to flip through in a crate by the fireplace that's so nostalgic and cool.
since i'm currently breaking out my holiday record collection, i thought i'd share my favorite record storage ideas in case you need some inspo as you get in the spirit of the season:
via the everygirl
1. use a basket to corral your collection neatly on the floor
via apt therapy
2. casually lean records up against a piece of furniture for an effortless laid back vibe
3. keep everything tucked neatly into a cabinet that can double as a perch for plants and other decor
4. show off colorful album art with thin wall shelves
5. another really cool way to do a wall display - just swap the books for records
6. DIY this minimalistic, simple tabletop rack for easy browsing
via carol farina
7. turn a crate or box on its side and slide your records in. use the top for plants or frames
via jaclyn campanaro
8. store your records on a big shelf system like this one. use the rest of the shelves as a blank canvas for books, photos, blankets and decorative ojets, and bonus points for using a vintage bar cart to display the record player
via lumi wood
9. i love this solution, especially if you live in a small space and are short on floor surface area or storage room. how cute would these look in a group of three staggered vertically on the wall?!
via a beautiful mess
10. employ a bookcase, like an standard ikea option, to hold records, books, craft supplies, and whatever else needs a home. then use the top to show off the record player and some fresh blooms.
what are your fave ways to store vinyl? any new favorite albums??